TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE – In the Case of the Assin North 5:2 Ruling by Supreme Court.
I cannot understand how Hon James Gyekye Quayson, can be restrained from carrying out his lawful duties when the substantive case to give finality to the question of his legitimacy has not been determined.
Or is it the case that the outcome of the substantive case has been predetermined against him?
The representation of the people is at the heart of our democracy.
However, Any decision that denies the citizenry of fair representation is a travesty of justice and an affront to the democratic principles of Ghana.
Folks let elucidate on these simple analysis…
1. The previous case involving the late lawmaker of Bawku Central , Hon Adamu Dramani Sakande and that of Hon Gyakye Quayson is completely different. And that ought to be established – For the avoidance of doubt students of history can visit the publication on line to establish the veracity of the issue.
2. The last couple of days have seen a very conflicting pronouncements regarding the verdict by the Supreme Court on Wednesday 13th April, 2022. Where the Attorney General of the republic, Godfred Odame has made some erroneous remarks about the future of Hon James Quayson, which has resulted in widespread debate in the public domain.
3. The question is , what is the interest of government that Hon Gyakye Quayson do not return to Parliament?
4. Why has it become so obvious that, the NPP and government pushing are to decrease the numerical advantage of the NDC group in parliament ?
5.The question is why are government appointees , especially lawyers making emphatic statements about the merits of the case when in actual fact, the true state of the case in question has not been determined.
6. Did the justices on the bench ruled base on the evidence on the charge sheet in the matter of the dual citizenship against Hon Quayson, or they were coerced by the effusive statement by the National Security Minister, Hon.Kan Dapaah over bias judgement / verdict in favor of the government?
7. The government must know that the NDC of yesterday is not the same as Today and that the party has grow from strength to strength.
Indeed Hon James Gyekye Quayson is indestructible and remain resolute to the represent his constituents, no matter what.
8. It has now become public knowledge that, the supreme court is gradually awakening from their slumber after the incessant trolls by the general public over bias judgements.
9. From every indication, the good people of Assin North remain unshakable and will vote any day for the NDC and MP.
10. We are all waiting patiently to see and hear the final outcome of the case. And till then the marathon is not yet over. And come 2024 , the NPP and President Nana Addo will surely fall due to their failed promises and bad human right abuses.
I remain Hon Hadji Mustapha Incoming Constituency Communication officer for Dome Kwabenya NDC.