Onychophagia, or the habit of chewing your nails, can be challenging to kick, but it is definitely doable with some willpower and techniques.
Here are some tips to help you stop chewing your nails:
1. Identify triggers: Take note of what makes you bite your nails. Common causes include stress, boredom, worry, and even simple habits.
The first step in managing the habit is to recognize these triggers.
2. Keep nails short: Regularly file and shorten your nails. Short nails make it harder to obtain a grip with your teeth and are less alluring to chew on.
Wearing nail polish can stop you from chewing your nails, especially if it is clear or has a bitter taste. The taste’s potent reminder to stop can be found in it.
4. Use a bitter nail coating. You can buy specific nail coatings that taste bitter when you eat them. It may be possible to break the habit with these products.
5. Consider obtaining artificial nails or nail extensions: Try out false nails or nail extensions. These can create a physical obstruction that makes it challenging to bite your natural nails.
6. Keep your hands occupied: Use stress balls, fidget spinners, or other objects to keep your hands active and keep your worried energy from going to your nails.
7. Embrace mindfulness and relaxation techniques: To control anxiety and lessen the impulse to chew your nails when pressured, learn stress-reduction strategies like deep breathing, meditation, or yoga.
In an exclusive interview with Power FM, hosted by Agyeman Prempeh, Ghanaian musician Ras Kuuku boldly declared Daddy Lumba, known in private life as Charles [more…]
Talented Ghanaian high-life singer, Kuami Eugene has come out to provided substantial reasons why he deserves to be honored with the songwriter of the year [more…]
A man has advised men to abstain dating women from between the ages of 18 to 23 in any serious relationship. The man identified as [more…]
Afrobeat and Hi-life singer Eugene Marfo popularly known as Kuami Eugene has made some interesting revelations about his music journey. In an interview with Berla [more…]
Star of the Beast on No Nation Strika recently disclosed his wealth following the completion of the worldwide “Beast of No Nation” film shoot. He [more…]
Nana Ama McBrown has opened up about her past life struggles as a young woman living in poverty The media personality recounted her younger days [more…]
Ghanaian actor and skit maker, Dr. Likee, has reached out to Emmanuel Nii Adom Quaye, famously known as Strika from the film “Beasts of No [more…]
Dancehall musician, Shatta Wale delighted at the Guinness Ghana DJ Awards in Accra on Saturday, November 25 He performed some of his popular songs and [more…]