Donating a living organ is a selfless deed that can prolong or save the lives of others.
Because it’s virtually always done for a good purpose, it’s still regarded as selfless and honorable, even when some people do it for money and other reasons.
The following tissues and organs can be given while the donor is still alive:
1. Kidney: The organ that living people donate most frequently One healthy kidney can be sufficient for a person to live, and kidney failure patients can live much longer when they get a living kidney donor.
2. Liver: Because the liver can regenerate, a piece of it can be donated. Within a few weeks, the livers of both the donor and the recipient will revert to almost their original size.
3. Lung: A lung lobe may occasionally be donated. This kind of living organ donation is less prevalent and is typically carried out within families.
4. Pancreas: Diabetes can be treated by transplanting pancreatic islet cells. Although it is not as prevalent as donating a kidney or liver, it is nevertheless an option in some situations.
5. Small intestine: Although this is an intricate and uncommon process that is often saved for certain medical situations, a portion of the small intestine can be donated.
6. Bone marrow and stem cells: These can be donated to treat leukemia, lymphoma, and some hereditary conditions, among other blood problems.
Usually, donation is accomplished via an apheresis procedure.
In an exclusive interview with Power FM, hosted by Agyeman Prempeh, Ghanaian musician Ras Kuuku boldly declared Daddy Lumba, known in private life as Charles [more…]
Talented Ghanaian high-life singer, Kuami Eugene has come out to provided substantial reasons why he deserves to be honored with the songwriter of the year [more…]
A man has advised men to abstain dating women from between the ages of 18 to 23 in any serious relationship. The man identified as [more…]
Afrobeat and Hi-life singer Eugene Marfo popularly known as Kuami Eugene has made some interesting revelations about his music journey. In an interview with Berla [more…]
Star of the Beast on No Nation Strika recently disclosed his wealth following the completion of the worldwide “Beast of No Nation” film shoot. He [more…]
Nana Ama McBrown has opened up about her past life struggles as a young woman living in poverty The media personality recounted her younger days [more…]
Ghanaian actor and skit maker, Dr. Likee, has reached out to Emmanuel Nii Adom Quaye, famously known as Strika from the film “Beasts of No [more…]
Dancehall musician, Shatta Wale delighted at the Guinness Ghana DJ Awards in Accra on Saturday, November 25 He performed some of his popular songs and [more…]